Settings > Notes
The Notes section of the Settings app is where you establish your library’s note types.
Notes are a way for your library to add extra information to a record. The Notes section appears in records in the following FOLIO apps:
In order to interact with Notes settings, a user needs to be assigned the following permission:
- Settings (Notes): Edit and View General settings This permission allows the user to create, edit and delete note types.
In order to manage notes attached to FOLIO records, the following permissions are required:
- Notes: Can assign and unassign a note. This permission allows the user to assign and unassign notes.
- Notes: Can create a note. This permission allows the user to create notes.
- Notes: Can delete a note. This permission allows the user to delete notes.
- Notes: Can edit a note. This permission allows the user to edit notes.
- Notes: Can view a note. This permission allows the user to view notes.
Settings > Notes > General
Note types are categories you can create for notes to indicate the type of note they are. Notes have associated types that can be used to categorize the note. This area of Settings is where you configure note types. The note types you create here appear throughout FOLIO. They are not app specific. This means that note types can be used in different apps, even if they were created with a particular app in mind.
Creating a note type
- Click New.
- In the Note type column, enter a name for the note type in the box.
- Click Save. The note type is saved and appears in the Note types list.
Editing a note type
- Find the note type you want to edit, and in the actions column, click the pencil icon.
- In the Note type column, make your desired changes to the name.
- Click Save. The note type is updated.
Deleting a note type
- Find the note type you want to delete.
- In the actions column, click the trash can icon.
- In the Delete Note type dialog, click Delete. A confirmation message appears and the note type is deleted.